Things to do in Luang Prabang
- Visit a few of Luang Prabang’s many beautiful temples, especially the exquisite Wat Xieng Thong.
- Get up early one morning to see saffron-robed monks and local people take part in the Tak Bat alms giving ceremony.
- Visit the Kuang Si waterfalls, in the forest a few miles from Luang Prabang, for a deliciously cold swim in the foaming water.
- Take a sunset cruise on the mighty Mekong River as it flows past Luang Prabang, Laos.
- Head up to the high point of Mount Phousi for sunset.